Multiplication and Area

 

Hello friends!! We have been busy working in math class with multiplication and area. We have created some cute caterpillars and butterflies to show the different ways to represent multiplication. As soon as I can figure this thing out I will put a link with the document I used to create these adorable crafts. And you know what, it came handy with our butterfly life cycle we were working on in science.

Multiplication Caterpillar
I printed these out in card stock paper. On the leaf I wrote the multiplication fact I wanted the students to work on. As you can see the caterpillar body serves as the different ways to represent multiplication. 


Multiplication Butterfly                                                                                                                         I also printed these in card stock paper. On the body of the caterpillar I wrote the multiplication fact I wanted the students to work on. The butterfly winds serve as the different ways to represent multiplication.

Area Superheroes

Last week we finished learning about area. Finding the area of different figures. My kiddos thought this was the easiest concept all  year long. We almost a whole week to go over it. To close the concept my students created these adorable area superheroes. I got the idea from here "Area Superheroes" My students really enjoyed making these cuties. You can tell some of them just wanted to make sure I knew it was a girl superhero. 
Girl Superhero
Boy Superhero
All of our superheroes
Boy Superhero

Well that's it for now. This week is Teacher Appreciation Week. Today we were treated to breakfast at our school. Tomorrow we get lunch, which made it easier for me. Didn't have to pack anything. I hope all of you are feeling appreciated not just this week but all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment